We’re time-tripping again this year, back to the 1970’s. Get out those bellbottoms and disco shoes. We’ll be dancing to some great rock-and-roll, eating some excellent food from local vendors, and drinking some great craft beer, wine, and cocktails. There will be a costume and dance contest and, of course, there will be a silent and live auction of incredible stuff you are going to want to bid on. It’s a great time and it all helps support the mission of the museum.
What To Expect
This year, we’re planning to have plenty of activities for attendees:
- Everyone is encouraged to dress up! Mingle with other Raleighites, including our wonderful museum staffers, 1970s style.
- Plenty of beer and wine to drink including a signature cocktail.
- Hors d’oeuvres and plates from some of our favorite restaurants.
- Dance Contest, may the funkiest couple win!
- “Totally Hot” Costume Contest.
- Art Auction – a curated selection of local art that you can take home.
- Silent Auction – A wonderful selection of items from area businesses and restaurants for your bidding pleasure.
- Our museum’s exhibits will be open for viewing including the popular “You really stuck it to me today”: The Political Cartoons of Dwane Powell
We’ll be adding much more to this list as our planners put them together. We’re thinking games, photos, and movies too.
Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available!
The Friends of the COR Musem could not put on Time Warp without the help of our community. If you have participated in years past, Thank You for your support and we hope you’ll join us again this year. For newcomers, we hope you can consider joining our growing community and we’ll do our best to find an appropriate way to showcase you or your business as a supporter of the City of Raleigh Museum.
Our sponsorship packet can tell you more about these opportunities but please feel free to contact us if for any special arrangements.